Filed under: dance + dj, Music | Tags: Dance, dj, drugs, first impressions, halloween, mix, party
Here it is, my Halloween present to everyone! When I sat down to make a Halloween mix, my first intention was to create a mix that had a somewhat sinister tinge to it, a general feeling of foreboding and tension just under the surface. However, instead of just playing Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” on repeat, I wanted to see if I could take the “scary” theme in a different direction. So I came up with the concept of bypassing the traditional supernatural antagonists and replacing them with a different “monster”: the party life (specifically drugs).
Of course, when you get right down to it, this is first and foremost just a collection of party jams. If that’s all you’re in the market for, it should please. However, if you like to read into things, you can always wax philosophical on the deeper meaning behind the selections at hand. There’s something for everyone!
It’s pretty short, clocking in around 13 minutes, but just think of it as a little Halloween goody to tide you over until the next longer mix. I was gonna release it on Halloween, but take it early incase you want to play it at an actual Halloween party.
Happy (almost) Halloween, ya bums!
Tracklist after the jump:
1. Kanye West – Love Lockdown/Avalon – Avalonian’s Shrine
2. Kap10Kurt – Dangerseekers
3. Familjen – Huvuden I Sanden (ft. Adam Tensta)
4. Tittsworth, Kid Sister, Pase Rock – WTF (Nadastorm On Drugs Rmx)
5. Murs & Busy P – To Protect and Entertain
6. Spank Rock & Benny Blanco – Loose
7. Andrew WK – Pushing Drugs
8. NWA – Dope Man
9. Gucci Mane – Pills (Proper Villains Rmx)
10. Notorious BIG – Ten Crack Commandments/Crysal Castles – Magic Spells
11. Midnight Juggernauts – Worlds Converged
-Jackie Cous aka First Impressions
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment